At their launch event Taj guests enjoyed a 10 course taster menu and experienced a wide range of dishes - all bursting with flavour!
- Poppadoms with assorted home made chutneys
- An amuse bouche of a mouth sized crispy sphere stuffed with herbs, chick peas and potato, ignited with a shot of tamarind water
- Dry roasted lentil hummus with a delicious crispy garlic nan
- Seafood moilee soup with subtle saffron, citrus and coconut flavours
- Fresh chana ki salad to refresh the palate
- Three way chicken with a variety of herb and spice marinades
- Crispy seabass and fresh crab, bursting with citrus and sweet chilli flavours
- I had a meltingly tender butter chicken but my fellow guests enjoyed mutton curry and Punjabi vegetable masala
- Dessert was tangy lemon tart and mango kulfi
- Followed by an excellent cup of Masala Chai - good for the immune system and full of the flavours of India
The decor and ambiance was lovely and each dish was made with love and care by Nobi Hussain's brigade of chefs and so I recommend you visit Taj as soon as you can!
Picture: L-R Nobi Hussain, Pat Rodohan and Shalema Hussain