We are pleased to announce that during the second lockdown we will be holding an East Sussex Visitor Summit to discuss the current situation and how best to navigate the challenging trading position we are all experiencing.
This important meeting is specifically aimed at the hospitality industry but you and all your members are very welcome to join us. It will be via Zoom and is free of charge.
We will be joined by
- Alex Polizzi, the Hotel Inspector (Channel 5) and owner of The Star Hotel, Alfriston and The Polizzi Collection;
- Mark Driver, the owner of the Rathfinny Wine Estate, the largest vineyard in the UK;
- Nick White, CEO of Bistrot Pierre UK restaurant group and
- Nathaniel Hepburn, CEO of The Charleston Trust.
- We are awaiting confirmation from Simon Longbottom, the CEO of the Stonegate Pub Group, one of the largest pub groups in the UK and
- The Minister for Tourism, Nigel Huddleston MP who will introduce the summit.
These industry titans will be quizzed by Rob Cottrill, the CEO of Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Councils and there will be plenty of opportunity for you and your members to ask questions too.
Long Zoom meetings can be very trying so our Agenda will be short, punchy and to the point:
- 10.00 am Minister for Tourism, Nigel Huddleston MP - welcome and introduction
- 10.15 am Driving the Sussex visitor economy
- 10.45 am Leading through lockdown
- 11.00 am Coffee break
- 11.10 am Expert panel with Q&A
- 12.00 pm Summary and next steps
- 12.30 pm Close
If we market a single town well, visitors may come for a night or two. If we market Sussex well, giving visitors six or seven great reasons to visit, they'll stay for a week and contribute to the wider economy. Linking up with out partners and marketing Sussex as a whole makes sense so find out how you can benefit. Come to the summit and let us know what you think.
We have decided to hold this event online before Christmas so that your members can begin to prepare for the new year and would be grateful if you could share the booking link with all your members.
Please encourage your members to book now and save the date in their diaries. We will send the Zoom link out on the 23rd November.