Member of the Week: Curzon Cinema
Based in the heart of Eastbourne, the Curzon Cinema is our independent cinema which shows both the latest blockbuster releases as well as independent films.
The Curzon in Langney Road has been a fixture in our town for 98 years. Originally named the Picturedrome, the historic site opened its doors in 1920, when it showed silent films accompanied by piano until the advent of talkies in the 1930s. Widescreen and cinemascope took over in the 1950s before the arrival of Dolby sound in 1967 when the cinema changed its name to the Curzon.
More here: http://eastbournecurzon.net/eastbourne/now/