Food Glorious Food…. and other local support!
The following support is available in Eastbourne from our members:
- Eastbourne Borough Council is delivering 1000 food parcels to those in need. If you need food and can’t pay, email us here.
- Lerato Cookery School and Kitchen is providing live online cookery classes. These can be accessed by visiting Lerato’s Facebook page. Alternatively, visit the website for further information and other online courses: https://leratofoods.com/collections/online-cookery-classes
- Rathfinny Wine Estate is offering free home deliveries (hurrah!). If you have an anniversary celebration during your lockdown, call Rathfinny and celebrate in style
- The Lamb Inn, Eastbourne – Offering Harvey’s takeaway. Call 01323 720545 and look out for daily updates on Facebook for opening times.
- Taylor’s Restaurant and Sports Bar, Eastbourne – Deliveries from 11.30am until 9.30pm every day, 20% off for over 70’s and 15% off for everyone else. Call 01323 731119 to order.
- Cavendish Bakery, Eastbourne – NHS, emergency services and council staff can collect a free hot drink if they show their ID/badge. They are also offering a takeaway service for their bread, rolls, savouries, pastries and cakes. They are open from 7.30am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday and 7.30am to 2pm on Saturday for collection (please note – maximum two customers at a time) and for home delivery you can visit cavendishbakery.co.uk.
- Sharnfold Farm, Eastbourne – Offering a ring and collect service and a limited delivery service, Monday to Friday, for mixed fruit and veg boxes, priced at £25. For both services, please ring 01323 768490 before 12pm, only on the day you need it. They are not allowing people into the shop itself, but are offering a drive thru shopping experience, Monday – Saturday, 9.30-4pm.
- The New Wilmington Hotel in Eastbourne is providing a food delivery service for local residents. If you are in one of the high-risk groups, are self-isolating or you are a keyworker and unable to get food, you can call the hotel to discuss your needs and see how they can help you. Phone on 01323 721219 or email Sally@newwilmingtonhotel.co.uk BTW, their carvery is the best!
- The Hydro Hotel is also providing a take-away and delivery service to homes within a five mile radius of the hotel. To view their menu and to make an order, visit the website: https://www.hydrohotel.com/food-delivery/
- Devonshire General Stores , Carlisle Road, Eastbourne is a small store offering home delivery of many items including soups, bread, eggs, cheeses, vegetables, fruit, tins, pasta, wines, spirits, and much more. Please share this with anyone who can’t get out.
If you need a delivery please email them only: email@example.com They will email you back with a list of their produc
Many thanks to St Wilfred’s Hospice for helping to compile this list.
- Check out our member , the amazing Harpist Fiona Hosford’s Twitter feed. She is performing live each evening.
- AFH Payroll are giving free payroll advice about furloughing staff or applying for grants, call Fiona Hill on 01323 407407 or email here. For completely complimentary advice or just a good chat about making ends meet!
- Herron Fisher are very happy to speak to any business that is struggling financially – completely free of charge with no obligation. Visit their website or call 01323 723643.
- Fieldskill – has plenty of toilet rolls, soaps and janatorial products, including sanitiser sprays and PPE gloves! Call Annie on 01323 500999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pearce Marketing are offering support with a variety of services and guides, including: Marketing Audit Form, SEO Check, Guide to Using Canva (free online graphic design tool for non-designers if you are unable to use a graphic designer right now), Marketing Q&A, Assistance with Video Conferencing (see their blog for four video conferencing options here). Email Emma@pearcemarketing.co.uk to request any of the above guides.
- Insight6 is a local company, supporting businesses to achieve outstanding customer service. They have created a FREE short survey for businesses to use to check on the welfare of their staff during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please visit their website and get in touch with Insight6 for more information nad to register your interest, visit their website: www.insight6.com/form/coronavirus-team-survey/
- Southern IT have helped us move our work from the office to our homes. The telphone system they had set up two years ago was simply plugged in at home and incoming calls ring on all our mobile phones at the same time. If this is a service that would benefit you, or you need complimentaty advice, please call Michael on 01323 287828 or visit their website www.southernit.com
- Cloudconnx are also helping businesses set up working phone systems while at home. If you need their help or advice call them on 0330 122 0550 or email Paul Vine.
- Calm Therapy is offering a service to help viewers cope with sudden change and how to move forward through fear. Visit the YouTube channel here. Jane is also offering a free service to those struggling through stress and anxiety during these times of uncertainty. Visit the website here.
- Lawson Lewis Blakers Solicitors are offering free advice on the sublects below. Email them for details:
- Bees Homes/Coastway Financial are offering to support anyone who is looking for help to look at their mortgage and find ways of saving money or applying for a mortgage holiday. For free advice and guidance, email email@example.com
- Barwells Sollicitors are still open but their offices are closed temporarily. All their teams (Wills, Powers of Attorney, Probate, Conveyancing, Family, Commercial, Litigation, Employment & Personal Injury) can work remotely and will be by your side throughout this unprecedented pandemic period. Contact Barwells on 01323 411505 or visit the website: www.qualitysolicitors.com/barwells
- Eastbourne Borough Council’s Rough Sleeper Initiative has managed to find homes for the last 11 homeless people on the streets of Eastbourne last week. These people are receiving wrap around care from mental health providers and drug and alcohol support. Some homeless people are still sofa surfing but they will be housed as soon as they appear. All these people are being provided with a kettle, a toaster, a First Aid kit, a mobile phone and a microwave.
- Special thanks are due to the Eastbourne Hospitality Association for helping house the homeless during this crisis.