Moroccan Evening at The Cookshelf
Join us for a lovely evening of Moroccan spices and herbs in a lovely Cook School in the heart of Eastbourne. At this demonstration you will learn about the basics of Moroccan Cookery in a fun and relaxed setting.
You will enjoy a complimentary mint julep cocktail when you arrive and after a demonstration of Moroccan cookery with audience participation and Q&A.
Our chef for the evening will be Lerato Umah-Shaylor. Lerato’s cooking is inspired by her family, environment and travels. She is known for her vibrant recipes for easy gourmet home cooking, often celebrating seasonal produce. Lerato cooks not only on her own food shows, but on a live television show and also writes a national column in The Guardian Nigeria.
There’ll be time for everyone to sit down together and enjoy a buffet of the food that has been cooked (can be subject to minor change):
- Carrot & Orange Moroccan Salad – A vibrant and refreshing salad with a bit of a kick from punchy spices and herbs
- Cous Cous Bel Khoudra – Colourful vegetables cooked into a stew and served on top of the cous cous
- Chicken Tagine with Chickpeas – Slow cooked tender and fragrant dish
- Vegetable Tagine with Aubergines & Chick Peas
- Tfah Tart – A Moroccan Apple Tart with Spices & Citrus Flavours
After the coffee and mints you will have a lovely surprise gift to take home!
Book to avoid disappointment.
- Date: 07/04/2017
- Time: 7:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Location: The Cookshelf
Please complete the below form if you're new to the Chamber. If you've previously registered for an event or you're an existing Chamber member, please log in to complete the booking.
Sponsor this event
If you would like to sponsor Moroccan Evening at The Cookshelf, please complete the form below or visit our event sponsorship page:
Why I'm a Member
"They're dynamic and ambitious on behalf of business, making sure we're heard. If something's stopping you prosper they want to know what"
Laura Murphy - MTC2